- What is a policy?
- A policy is a written statement of position, intent or direction approved by Council. It communicates City priorities, provides guidance for present and future decisions, sets standards of performance and services delivery, and articulates principles of acceptable behaviour and actions.
- What is an administrative directive?
- An administrative directive is a written direction approved by the CAO and Corporate Leadership Team that focuses on the internal operations of the City as a corporation.
- How do I find a Council policy or administrative directive?
- Council policies and administrative directives can be found in a variety of ways:
- Using the function tiles on the landing page
- Keyword search by policy number, or by title using the search function at the top of the webpage.
- Browsing all Council policies and administrative directives alphabetically.
- How often is the Policy Library updated?
- The Policy Library is updated each time a Council policy or administrative directive is adopted, amended or rescinded. To view a listing of recently adopted, amended or rescinded Council policies or administrative directives, please visit the Policy Updates page.