Halloween Safety Tips:
· Children should be accompanied by an adult.
· Costumes should be light-coloured and flame resistant with reflective strips so that children can be easily seen in the dark.
· Children should stay away from open flames. Be sure they know how to stop, drop and roll if their clothing catches fire.
· Trick or treating should be made along one side of the street first and then the other, and it's best to cross the street only at intersections or crosswalks.
· Remember to plan your route in advance.
· If your children are going to Halloween parties at others’ homes, have them look for ways out of the home and plan how they would get out in an emergency.
· Inspect candy before eating. Throw out any candy with torn packages or holes in the packages.
· Stay hydrated. While the temperature will be cold outside, it can get hot under a costume, especially when walking long distances.
· Ensure that all children in your home know the location of the exits should an emergency arise.
· Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes.