Content Insurance

Page Banner

Smart planning makes all the difference when facing and recovering from emergencies. In the event of an emergency, such as a fire or flood, having content insurance will cover the loss of personal belongings and having a 72-hour emergency kit will support you until help arrives.

Top 5 tips for renters

  1. Your building’s insurance will not cover your personal items such as jewelry, furniture, and clothes.
  2. Purchase content insurance to cover the costs of your personal belongings if you were to lose some or all of your belongings in a flood or other emergency.
  3. Create an emergency kit that can last you 72 hours until further support is available.
  4. If you live in social housing, you could be eligible for low-cost insurance through the Housing Services Corporation tenant insurance program.​
  5. Create and practice a family escape plan in the event of a flood or other emergency.

Take our 5 minute Emergency Preparedness quiz​

 Content insurance and seasonal emergency preparedness calendar in various languages


What’s the difference between building insurance and content insurance?


What should your emergency kit include?