This webinar is aimed at entrepreneurs in the early stages of small business development who are looking at various types of business models and trying to determine where to start. By the end of this presentation, you will understand how to determine if your business idea is feasible, create a business plan, perform market research for your business plan, interpret your idea into a realistic financial plan, and take the next steps to get your business off the paper and into reality.
What you will learn:
• What is a business plan?
• How do I determine if my business idea is worth pursuing? How can I assess it?
• Where do I start in creating a business plan? What should and shouldn't I include?
• How do I determine the market size, addressable market, and target market?
• What is a SWOT analysis and why is it important?
• How do I accurately reflect the financial aspects of my small business in my plan?
• What stage am I in now and what should I do next?
• What resources are available to help me with my business planning?
Join us to learn all about business planning for your small business or start-up.
Karen Fischer is the co-founder of RK Fischer & Associates, a business coaching and consulting business, operating since January 2010. Karen started the business after 20 years of success in marketing, sales, channel development and general management in the high-tech, business services and manufacturing sectors. She held management or executive roles for companies, such as Cognos, Entrust, Mitel, Siemens, and Pitney Bowes. In the last six years of her career, before starting RK Fischer & Associates with her business partner, Karen held start-up Executive roles that included helping with plans for financing and acquisition for the businesses she worked. Based on this experience, Karen found the consulting industry underserved the small business market and decided there was a need to fill this hole.
Karen is a past member of the Board of Directors for the Business Advisory Centre of Durham Region and volunteered as a mentor for several of their programs. She served on Membership, Marketing, and Event Committees for the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade and was responsible for helping develop their Professional Development Series. Upon moving to Sarnia, ON, Karen served as a Board Member for two years for the Sarnia Chamber of Commerce and has taught several online business courses at Lambton, Mohawk, and Algonquin Colleges.