Recognition will be given to those individuals or groups who advocate or practice humane action, or who have had an inspirational influence on others.
The Selection Committee will evaluate each nomination on its own merit. An inspirational act is defined as, but not limited to:
- Establishing a charitable organization, while not receiving remuneration of any kind;
- Helping to better the lives of others;
Rendering significant support or assistance to an individual or group in need; or
- An individual or group who has performed an exceptional humanitarian act that inspires good will in others.
- Nominees for an Inspirational Award may not receive financial remuneration for their act. A singular act of volunteering or fundraising for charitable causes will not be considered.
- The activity for which a nominee is considered must be of direct benefit to that field within the City of Brampton.
- Professionals who are nominated while currently working in their field cannot be considered.
- Nominees from the City of Brampton who perform humanitarian acts outside of the City may be considered for this award.
- Self-nominations and nominations of family members are not accepted.
- Posthumous nominations will not be accepted.